ENGLISHأخبار العالمالشرق الأوسط

Palestinian paramedics found with hands bound, allegedly executed by Israeli forces

Eyewitness accounts and forensic evidence have raised serious concerns over the deaths of 15 Palestinian paramedics and rescue workers who were killed by Israeli forces and buried in a mass grave in Gaza. Some of the bodies were found with their hands or legs tied and had been shot in the head and chest, suggesting they were executed. The incident, which took place on March 23 in Rafah, is being scrutinized as a potential war crime.

Shocking Discoveries in a Mass Grave

International humanitarian teams were only granted access to the site over the past weekend. On Saturday, one body was recovered, while the remaining 14 were found in a sandy mass grave the following day. The bodies were transported to the Nasser medical complex in Khan Younis for examination.

Dr. Ahmed al-Farra, a senior physician at the hospital, described the grim condition of the victims. “I saw three bodies when they arrived at the hospital. They had gunshot wounds in their chests and heads. Their hands were tied,” he stated, emphasizing that the victims appeared to have been deliberately executed. Photographs taken at the hospital show a black cord knotted around the wrist of one of the deceased.

An eyewitness who participated in recovering the bodies confirmed the presence of gunshot wounds and signs of restraint. “I saw the bodies with my own eyes. They had multiple gunshot wounds to the chest. One had his legs tied, and another was shot in the head,” the witness said.

Allegations of a Targeted Killing

The Palestinian Red Crescent, the Palestinian Civil Defence, and Gaza’s health ministry have all alleged that the victims were detained, restrained, and then shot by Israeli forces. The sequence of events leading up to their deaths paints a disturbing picture.

The victims were part of emergency response teams dispatched to assist those injured in an earlier Israeli airstrike. Two paramedics were initially killed when their ambulance came under fire. In response, a convoy of ambulances and civil defense vehicles was sent to retrieve the bodies, but 13 more rescue workers were subsequently killed. Among the victims was a United Nations employee, while another paramedic, identified as Assad al-Nassasra, remains missing.

Attempts to Conceal the Killings

The United Nations has accused Israeli forces of deliberately burying the bodies along with their vehicles in an apparent cover-up attempt. UN video footage from the site reveals crushed ambulances, a fire truck, and a UN-marked vehicle, all buried under sand. “This is a huge blow to us … These people were shot,” Jens Laerke, a spokesperson for the UN humanitarian office, stated. “Sometimes we struggle to find words, and this is one of those moments.”

Dr. Bashar Murad, director of health programs at the Palestinian Red Crescent, corroborated the evidence of executions. According to Murad, at least one paramedic had his hands bound, and chilling details emerged from a recorded call made during the attack. The call captured gunshots at close range and the voices of Israeli soldiers speaking in Hebrew, giving orders to detain and restrain the paramedics. “Gather them at the wall and bring some restraints to tie them,” one soldier reportedly said.

The International Criminal Court (ICC) is currently investigating both Israeli forces and Hamas for alleged war crimes in Gaza. Arrest warrants have already been issued against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defense Minister Yoav Gallant. This latest incident is likely to fuel further scrutiny into Israeli military actions in Gaza.

The bodies of the paramedics were eventually recovered and taken to the Nasser hospital for autopsies. Due to decomposition, the identification process was delayed, and a full forensic report is expected within 10 days. The Red Crescent has condemned the killings, stating, “They were executed, some of them handcuffed, with head and chest injuries. They were buried in a deep hole to prevent their identities from being known.”

Meanwhile, tensions continue to escalate. The Israeli military has ordered mass evacuations from Rafah, signaling a possible new ground operation in the region. This tragic event adds to the growing list of civilian casualties and raises pressing questions about the conduct of Israeli forces in Gaza.

As investigations unfold, the world watches closely, awaiting justice for the victims.

 

اظهر المزيد

مقالات ذات صلة

اترك تعليقاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *


زر الذهاب إلى الأعلى
إغلاق
إغلاق